Mini Dental Implants
You've lost a tooth, or perhaps several. Chewing is difficult and smiling, well it's too embarrassing. There is no question that the quality of your life has changed. Dental implants are the solution to renewing your smile, your chewing ability and quite frankly your quality of life.
The mini dental implant procedure can be completed in just one office appointment.
Reasons to Consider Dental Implants
- Without the root structure of a natural tooth the jawbone can shrink making your face look older.
- There are no loose parts. An implant is stable and comfortable.
- Normally, it will serve its owner for life.
- Dental Implants LOOK and FEEL like natural teeth.
- Dental implants help you eat, chew, smile, talk and look completely natural. This functionality imparts social, psychological and physical well-being.
What is a Mini Dental Implant?
- As the name suggests, mini dental implants are smaller than traditional dental implants – ranging in diameter from 1.8mm to 3mm versus 3.5mm to 7mm. Mini dental implants are similar to traditional implants in that they help patients replace missing teeth.
- Titanium’s special property of fusing to bone allows the dental implant to stabilize the bone preventing bone loss and maintaining its shape and density
- The implant serves as an anchor for the replacement tooth or teeth (single crowns, bridges or dentures)
- Mini dental implants are surgically placed into the jaw. They can be placed in either the upper or lower jaw.
- Dental implants can be used in solutions for replacing single or multiple missing teeth.
Many people who consider implants have removable, conventional dentures for lower and upper jaws, or have removable bridges. These people experience a significant improvement in their ability to chew food comfortably after their dental implant treatment.
The Dental Implant Procedure
The biggest difference between traditional dental implants and mini dental implants, is the procedure during which they are placed.
Because mini dental implants are smaller, they can be more easily and less-invasively implanted into the gums. This means that the mini dental implant procedure can be completed in just one office appointment, rather than take place over several months and several visits to the dentists’ office.
During the single dentist appointment, can place the mini implants in the jaw, and then affix the crown or bridge to the implant. Mini dental implants are also ideal when replacing smaller teeth, such as incisors.
Is Old Age a Problem?
Occasionally, older patients express concern that their age may prevent them from enjoying the benefits of dental implants. However, health is more of a determining factor than age. If you’re healthy enough to have a tooth extracted, you’re probably healthy enough to receive dental implants. Certain chronic diseases may contraindicate dental implant treatment. The dentist will determine if you are a candidate for dental implants after a careful evaluation of your dental and health history.
How Will Dental Implants Affect My Life?
Dental implant-supported replacement teeth look, feel and function like natural teeth. This means that you can eat and drink whatever you choose. But most importantly, dental implants improve quality of life in a very concrete way. People who have felt embarrassed and worried because of their tooth problems are often overwhelmed by what new permanent teeth can do for their self-esteem.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment with our office if you are considering dental implants.