We are an Certified Invisalign® Provider.
Children often display early signs of jaw or orthodontic problems as they grow and develop.
Our goal is to help create the conditions that allow your child’s permanent teeth to erupt normally. We recommend early interceptive treatment before their permanent teeth are all in if we see the need. This lets us guide the development of their teeth and jaws for optimal results and helps avoid more extensive treatment later.
Invisalign® First has designed clear aligners with features specifically for younger patients who have a mixture of primary/baby and permanent teeth.
The Phase 1 treatment is an early interceptive orthodontic treatment for young patients, traditionally done through arch expanders, or partial metal braces, before all permanent teeth have erupted - typically at ages 6 through 10 years. Invisalign® First as an alternative treatment for widening the upper arch, specifically designed to target arch expansion which is the most common interceptive treatment for children.
Benefits of early screening and orthodontic treatment with Invisalign include:
- Making space for crowded, erupting teeth
- Creating facial symmetry
- Lessening the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Maintaining space for teeth that have not yet erupted
- Lessening the need for tooth removal (extraction cases)
- Decreasing treatment time during Phase II treatment stage
Invisalign® First vs Fixed Appliances:
- No wire pokes or broken brackets means fewer trips to the office for repairs
- Faster, more predictable treatment means fewer appointments and better outcomes
- Hygiene is much better with Invisalign, compared to fixed traditional braces
- There is less discomfort during the treatment
- No dietary restrictions – eat whatever you want, whenever you want
- Don’t worry about a lost aligner, patients can typically just move to the next one
Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of your dental health – we don’t charge for giving advice!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.