The Philosophy of Holistic Dental Medicine
There is a new paradigm emerging in health care, one that focuses on the process of health and wellness instead of the treatment of disease. This new medicine embraces both modern science and knowledge drawn from the world's great traditions of natural healing.
Study of these traditions reveals certain truths that can be applied to promote health and well being. These basic principles form the foundation for all holistic health practices. Amongst these is the need for healthful nourishment, the elimination of toxins, and the maintenance of physical, mental and energetic balance.
In light of the above, we offer an innovative approach to holistic dental health care of the mouth. Applied to the practice of health centered dental medicine the principles of natural healing may be stated as follows:
- Proper nutrition for the prevention and reversal of degenerative dental disease
- Avoidance and /or the elimination of toxins from dental materials or infection
- Prevention and treatment of dental malocclusion (bite problems = physical imbalance) .
- Prevention and/ or elimination of energetic (electromagnetic) disturbances
At our practice, we offer a broad range of holistic dental health promoting services to enhance your smile, and to restore comfort and function to your mouth.
- Biological General Dentistry: Comprehensive natural care for your mouth, teeth, and gums, with your overall health our primary concern. At the core of this approach to dental care is the recognition of the mouth as a micro-environment of the body with the potential to reflect changes in the health of the whole person.
- Cosmetic Dentistry: Advanced Cosmetic Dentistry to give you a smile that communicates your true spirit to others with crowns, bonding, porcelain laminates, bleaching to brighten your smile in less than an hour.
- Gum Disease and Tooth Decay Natural Integrative Therapy: Natural Treatment for Gum Disease that utilizes nutrition and herbal medicines to enhance the health of your gums. Medical research has established a systemic link between gum disease and various systemic disorders.
- Integrative Orthodontics: Integrative Orthodontics that straightens teeth, creates beautiful smiles, and improves the posture and function of the body utilizing the latest functionally oriented orthodontic techniques combined with a holistic approach to correct alignment of the whole body.
- The Dental Treatment of Snoring and Sleep Apnea: Oral appliances are worn in the mouth to treat snoring and sleep apnea. These devices are similar to orthodontic retainers or sports mouth guards though designed to promote easier breathing and relaxation of the nervous system.
- TMJ / Cranial Therapy: TMJ & Head and Facial pain are treated with an advanced approach integrating Acupuncture, Cranial Sacral Therapy, and Applied Kinesiology, with the best of Dentistry including Neuromuscular Computer Diagnostics.
- Safe Removal of Mercury Amalgam Fillings: During removal of Mercury-Amalgam fillings and replacement with carefully selected bio-compatible alternatives, mercury is released as a vapor. We will be using specially developed protocols to minimize your risk of exposure.
- Bio-compatibility Screening of Materials Used: Because each of us presents a unique situation it is important that composite and other materials to be used in our mouths is screened to insure bio-compatibility for us. Therefore we screen each patient to make sure the materials we use will not have an allergic reaction or other adverse affect. o accomplish this we use various means including; Clifford blood tests, Applied Kinesiology, CRA, and electro-dermal screening.
- Dental Acupuncture: In biological dentistry we look at the mouth as a micro environment of the body with the profound potential to reflect and influence the health of the whole person. If the flow of energy is disrupted through the mouth it may affect other regions of the body, and conversely, disruptions elsewhere may manifest in the mouth. We will treat your mouth considering the dental acupuncture points in order to treat your whole body
Case Report: A patient (who happened to be a chiropractor) had developed a problem with his ankle which no amount of therapy was helping. He recalled that root canal treated teeth can cause problems, a procedure he had done on his upper incisor years before. This tooth was associated with the kidney meridian, as were two of the muscles that were weak in his ankle. When tested via muscle testing (Applied Kinesiology) the tooth caused a strong muscle to go weak. After we re-cleaned the root canal, the tooth tested strong and when we checked the muscles in the ankle they tested strong as well. His ankle problem subsequently disappeared.
- Applied Kinesiology: Kinesiology is the study of the body's movement and the mechanisms by which it occurs. Applied Kinesiology is essentially the practice of applying this knowledge to optimize body function. Applied Kinesiology is practiced by making use of the muscle reflex test phenomenon to evlauate systemic stresses coming form conditions in the mouth.
- Dental Implants: A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is surgically placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants are an ideal option for people in good general oral health who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason. Pure titanium is used as the tooth root. We have found that most patients are not sensitive to pure titanium.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment to learn more about Holistic Dentistry and how it can improve not only your dental health but your overall health.